From Ben Snively <bsniv...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk Ingest with AccumuloFileOutputFormat
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:59:53 GMT
I am trying to put together a test of doing a bulk loading of data
using AccumuloFileOutputFormat.  I've used the hbase version
(HFileOutputFormat) where you output an ImmutableBytesWritable and Hbase
Put object.

The issue I'm having is I can't find the documentation listed what needs to
be outputted for the accumulo version.  I tried to look at the soruce code
of the AccumuloFileOutputFormat, which appears to need a Key,Value (out of
the core.data package in accumulo, but am not certain).

Also -- if this is the case,  how is the rowkey, column family, and column
qualifier encoded.  I assume these are all encoded in the Key portion of
the object.

Thanks for the help,
Ben