From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: Suspension
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:20:10 GMT
Yeah, we don't want to let designing a restart service distract us from the suspension discussion.

Issuing a 'suspend' command sounds like a third option.

So far we have:

1) run Accumulo in a mode that ignores long timeouts (perhaps enabled just before suspension)
2) let Accumulo die (no modification to Accumulo) and rely on a to-be-created restart service
3) issue a command to suspend processes before suspending the VM / OS

Perhaps the 'suspend' command just enables ignorance of timeouts, but if you're gonna issue
a command, you might as well just issue the 'shutdown' command.

What's the start-up time like for large clusters now days?

Also, what is the effect of taking all tables offline?