From John W Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: status of .deb install?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:36:23 GMT
So, I'm working on ACCUMULO-19 and I'm a bit stuck. I'm more or less shooting for a target
I cannot see, so I'm hoping to get some feedback from potential users of this debian packaging.

I'm trying to figure out the proper way for distribution of the configuration files. I'm still
working on the core install, which should be barebones, but then there are things like the
required xml and sh files. I was debating on copying the example ones if the files do not
exist, but I'm not sure if that's overstepping the boundaries of the core install. I'm thinking
that end users would then create another deb package for distributing their configuration
files, but I'm not 100% on that.

If some of you could walk me through your potential use cases, that would greatly help me
design it to work in a.. well, usable manor. Help me help you, is what I'm getting at.

John