From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Finding my way through the forest of iterators
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:18:53 GMT
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:54:31 AM, "Benson Margulies" <bimargulies@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm working with 1.3.5, and there's not a ton of javadoc in
> org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.
>

> If I want to just filter to the rows that have a particular CF/CQ
> value, does one of the existing iterator classes do the job, or do I
> need to write one?

The Scanner has built-in column filtering with the fetchColumn(Text colFam, Text colQual)
and fetchColumnFamily(Text col) methods.  This is implemented as an iterator behind the scenes,
but you don't have to configure it as such.  There is also a separate Java regex capability
if you aren't matching a specific column.

Billie