From Adam Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Does it make sense to add '-bt true' to createtable command?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:57:00 GMT
I think the confusion here might be that there are two different operations
called "flush". One is the flush of the BatchWriter's local buffer, and the
other is the flush of the TabletServer's in-memory map (AKA minor
compaction). This example refers to the latter. There are also auto-flushes
in both cases, but the flush in this case is effectively forcing the
minor-compaction operation with a known quantity of data.

Adam