From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: Accumulo + OODBMS = ?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:07:22 GMT
Such a thing might be possible, but I don't think anyone on the accumulo team is very familiar
with OODBMSs - can you recommend some resources to get caught up?

I have, in the past, prototyped an implementation of a object mapping for Accumulo similar
to that provided in Google's AppEngine. It allows users to define subclasses of a Model class
whose fields can be serialized to the database and retrieved via a simple query language.

But if the intent of an OODBMS is to use the database to follow object references, I don't
think anyone has attempted grafting such functionality over Accumulo yet, but it would be
an interesting exercise to try to do so.