incubator-accumulo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John W Vines <>
Subject Re: status of .deb install?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 03:44:16 GMT
So we have a divergence in the build process between 1.4 and 1.5 because I refactored the build
code for an assembly package. There exists a patch for debian building in both 1.4 and 1.5
in ACCUMULO-19. Unfortunately I have no means to test the patches as I do not have access
to a debian system. If I could get a second user to validate the patch, I have no qualms rolling
it into 1.4 before release.

As for the items referenced in ACCUMULO-210, that's a bit trickier. I feel this is a feature
to hold off until 1.5 for, but not all of the other developers here feel this way. Knowing
we have an end user requiring this feature may be enough to reopen this discussion. Additionally,
I have a feeling that if a patch were to be provided for the feature, it would definitely
improve the odds of it being included in the release.

So to go back to your fundamental question, do you need these features in a full apache release,
or in an existing version by X date? Either way it's possible, the latter is much more likely
than the former. But you can definitely influence the odds by providing/validating the necessary


----- Original Message -----
| From: "John R. Frank" <>
| To:
| Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 9:10:35 PM
| Subject: status of .deb install?
| Accumulo Team,
| What are the current plans for having a working set of .deb packages?
| Judging from these tickets[1], it isn't working yet. Is that right?
| I'd like to distribute the data for TREC KBA [2] by putting it inside
| an
| Accumulo instance on an AWS EC2 snapshot of an Ubuntu system. For that
| to
| be practical for TREC KBA 2012, I'd need to do it by mid March.
| Is that at all likely?
| Thanks for your thoughts on this.
| John
| 1 -
| -
| 2 -
| --
| ___________________________
| John R. Frank <>

View raw message