From "Michael Giordano" <MGiord...@netcentricinc.com>
Subject Directly addressing columnFamily/columnQualifiers results from a Scanner
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:09:17 GMT
My apologies for the potentially silly question but I come from an HBase
world and I am struggling to find equivalent functionality in Accumulo.

In the HBase world, there is an object called "Result"
(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Result is the fully qualified name).

The "Result" object is the product of iterating over a "ResultScanner"
(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultScanner is the fully qualified
name).

The "Result" object has a method called getValue(ColumnFamily,
ColumnQualifier) which (unsurprisingly) gets the value associated with a
ColumnFamily and ColumnQualifier.

The cloudbase "Scanner" seems to be the equivalent to the HBase
"ResultScanner" but I cannot seem to find an equivalent to the "Result"
object.

So I create a "Scanner" and call fetchColumn(columnFamily,
columnQualifier) for several columnQualifiers.

The way I get the data for a row is to iterate over all of the columns
individually until I obtain all of the columnQualifiers I requested?

Or is there a way to directly address the columnFamily/columnQualifer by
name to obtain a value?

Thanks for your anticipated support,

Mike G.