From Adam Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.3.5 to 1.4?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:13:49 GMT
Hi Trevor,

The Accumulo 1.3.x to Accumulo 1.4.x upgrade is as simple as shutting down
the 1.3 instance, copying the 1.3 configuration into a 1.4 distribution,
and then starting the 1.4 instance. We've tested this upgrade mechanism a
fair bit, but we will probably do some more testing before releasing 1.4.
One caveat is that you cannot safely go back to 1.3 after you've run with
1.4 code on the same instance.

Cheers,
Adam