From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:45:17 GMT
Hi. I've just started to install Accumulo onto an EC2 instance
bootstrapped by Chef. I've run into an issue following the README
instructions at this step:

  mvn assembly:single

command. The error was

  Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found.

Here are the steps that I've taken so far to setup the EC2 instance.
It took me a few hours to figure out the steps for the instance so
I'll pass them back to the community.

# These are generic values if you are in the US-East zone.
export EC2_USER=ubuntu
export IMAGE=ami-a562a9cc
export INSTANCE_TYPE=t1.micro
export REGION=us-east-1

# This is the security group at EC2. Make sure it has SSH, HTTP, and
HTTPS. Also ICMP ALL.
export GROUP=chef

# These values are specific to opscode.com. I am using the hosted chef
server option. KEYNAME
# is the name of the key-pair at EC2.
export KEYNAME=chef_ssh
export KEYFILE=~/.ssh/chef_ssh.pem

# This command starts and bootstraps the instance.
knife ec2 server create "role[ubuntu]" -I $IMAGE -f $INSTANCE_TYPE -S
$KEYNAME -i $KEYFILE --ssh-user $EC2_USER --region $REGION -G $GROUP

# After the instance is bootstrapped you'll see a bunch of detail
information. Grab the public DNS.
export EC2_HOST=<<PUBLIC DNS>>
ssh -i $KEYFILE $EC2_USER@$EC2_HOST

# Now you should be looking at the prompt on your shiny new instance.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
sudo update-alternatives --config java
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386
git clone https://github.com/apache/accumulo.git
sudo apt-get install maven2
cd accumulo
mvn package