From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.5 Master not listening on port
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:17:33 GMT
So, I just did this on my local machine with 1.3:

# grab the master socket before accumulo starts:
$ python
>>> import socket as s
>>> sock = s.socket(s.AF_INET, s.SOCK_STREAM)
>>> sock.setsockopt(s.SOL_SOCKET, s.SO_REUSEADDR, 1)
>>> sock.bind(('', 9999))
>>> sock.listen(1000)

# new window: start accumulo
$ ./bin/start-all.sh

# millions of lines like this in the master log:
08 13:09:49,059 [util.TServerUtils] INFO : Unable to use port 9999,
retrying. (Thread Name = Master Client Service Handler)

# it's safe to kill the master and rerun start-all:
$ pkill -f =master
$ ./bin/start-all.sh

-Eric