From John Stoneham <ly...@lyrically.net>
Subject Re: Passing scan authorizations that exceed the Accumulo user's authorizations
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:23:39 GMT
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov
> wrote:

> It sounds like you always want to scan with all the authorizations your
> user has.  In that case, you don't need a list of all possible
> authorizations to pass in -- just pass in the user's actual authorizations,
> which can be retrieved with
> connector.securityOperations().getUserAuthorizations(user).

Currently, I want to scan using the intersection of my (human) user's
authorizations and the Accumulo (application) user's authorizations. What
you've listed is the call I'm using to get the Accumulo user's
authorizations. But if my user were to have an authorization that, for some
reason, had been removed from the Accumulo user, or that was available on
one deployment or cluster but not on another, I'd have a problem unless I
performed this intersection in the application.

--
John Stoneham
lyric@lyrically.net