From Joey Daughtery <jdaught...@t-sciences.com>
Subject Re: Scan for keyword
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:35:39 GMT
Aaron
Thanks for the reply.  I was only able to get data into Accumulo after
reviewing the page you provided.

Lets say for example that I am storing a Name, login, displayName columns
as the column family.  And I have inserted Joe, jd, joey as one record and
joey, joe, jd for the second record.

mut.put(new Text("Name"), new Text("joe"), cv, new Value("joe");
mut.put(new Text("login"), new Text("jd"), cv, new Value("jd");
mut.put(new Text("DisplayName"), new Text("joey"), cv, new Value("joey");
write(...)

mut.put(new Text("Name"), new Text("joey"), cv, new Value("joey");
mut.put(new Text("login"), new Text("joe"), cv, new Value("joe");
mut.put(new Text("DisplayName"), new Text("jd"), cv, new Value("jd");
write(...)

How would I execute a keyword search for "joe" in an attempt to pull back
both records where Joe is the value for Login for one record while "joe" is
a value for Name in another?

The example in the Table Design page shows the search based on the row id.
>From my understanding if I provide the rowId, it will limit the search to
that row.  But the example on that page is essentially just loading a
specific row based on a rowid, not a keyword search.

Thanks for the reply.  I hope my explanation of what I am attempting to do
is making sense.

Joe