From Keith Massey <keith.mas...@digitalreasoning.com>
Subject ZooSession infinite loop
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 15:13:52 GMT
A user of our recently filed a bug with us because our code hung forever
when she gave us an address for a zookeeper that was not running. I
think I've traced the problem into
org.apache.accumulo.core.zookeeper.ZooSession.connect(). If the
connection to the zookeeper fails it throws a ConnectException, which
gets caught by the catch (IOException) block, which logs the message and
keeps trying infinitely. It's definitely user error passing in an
invalid zookeeper. But shouldn't that method bail out after some time?
Thanks.

Keith