From Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TableOperations import directory
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:26:14 GMT
right, and I saw no data that way either...

so forcing the compaction should update the stats in the web ui....my
thoughts on the scan was perhaps I didn't have permissions set to the
data correctly and was banking on the web ui for decent stats to check
success...

so I have already tried the compaction + webui check :/

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:23, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> On Monday, October 17, 2011 1:16:49 PM, "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Well, it seems like it is successful only there is no data, going to
>> the web ui only shows no new data in the table. So it _appears_ that
>> it is failing silently on something.
>
> The monitor page entry counts are only estimates, and at this point they do not include
newly bulk imported data.  (This is so the tserver doesn't have to open every file to bring
it online.)  You should be able to see the data when you do a scan, and when the files get
compacted you'll see the updated counts on the monitor page.  You can trigger compaction
by running "compact -t tablename" in the shell.