impala-user mailing list archives

From Sailesh Mukil <sail...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Problem in Querying data on Impala Cluster
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 06:29:11 GMT
Hi Geetika,

It looks like you're using unencrypted connections that don't fall under
the local subnet or a private network, which means you're potentially
trying to send unencrypted data over a public network between nodes.

We explicitly disallow these kinds of connections by default. However, if
you still feel like you want to go ahead with this configuration, or that
the above explanation is a mistake, this might help you:
https://github.com/apache/impala/blob/6f2ebadf8d119b1486f54b911ba3c7ecc1921d55/be/src/kudu/rpc/server_negotiation.cc#L70-L80

You can set the 'trusted_subnet' startup flag to whitelist the subnet that
your impala nodes' IP addresses fall under.

I hope this helps.

- Sailesh