impala-user mailing list archives

From Jeszy <jes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How To Install Apche Impala on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:18:20 GMT
Hello Anubhav,

Impala doesn't ship it's releases in binary format, so you will have
to build it locally after downloading the source. For instruction on
how to do that, see Gabor's comments.

If you don't have an existing Hadoop cluster on which you want to run
Impala, you can just use one of the distributor's packaged (binary)
versions. Cloudera's CDH is also open source.

HTH