impala-user mailing list archives

From Anup Tiwari <anupsdtiw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install Impala on Apache Hadoop and Hive
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 08:09:45 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to impala so i am getting errors while i am setting impala.

I have downloaded latest impala release from "
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?action=download&filename=impala/2.11.0/apache-impala-2.11.0.tar.gz
".
I have extracted this in a folder and followed description mentioned in
below link :-

https://impala.apache.org/docs/build/html/topics/impala_processes.html#processes

As mentioned in above link "*To start the Impala state store and Impala
from the command line or a script, you can either use the service command
or you can start the daemons directly through the impalad, statestored, and
catalogd executables.*" So i searched for executable and found
"start-impalad.sh"(which i think is correct one, let me know if i have
missed this) but when i am executing this , i am getting below *errors* :-

bin/start-impalad.sh: line 89: /admin: No such file or directory
bin/start-impalad.sh: line 106:
/opt/apache-s/apache-impala/apache-impala-2.11.0/be/build/latest/service/impalad:
No such file or directory

Also when i executed ./impala-config.sh then i got below *error* :-

Unable to find the lsb_release command. Please ensure it is available in
your PATH.
./impala-config.sh: line 265: return: can only `return' from a function or
sourced script
lsb_release command failed, output was: ./impala-config.sh: line 267:
lsb_release: command not found
./impala-config.sh: line 270: return: can only `return' from a function or
sourced script

*Questions :-*
1. When we setup Hive/Hadoop/Drill etc then we have certain steps for
setting HIVE_HOME/HADOOP_HOME/DRILL_HOME and also we specify certain
setting in conf folder. Do we have similar documentation which can specify
step by step setup.

Regards,
Anup Tiwari