impala-user mailing list archives

From Vincent Tran <vtt...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Installing impala-shell on a client machine
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:39:08 GMT
Hi Jason,

If you want to install impala-shell via yum from Cloudera's archive
specifically, you can add the repo:

sudo wget 'https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/ubuntu/xenial/amd64/cdh/cloudera.list
-O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudera.list

wget https://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/ubuntu/xenial/amd64/cdh/archive.key
-O archive.key && sudo apt-key add archive.key

After this you can simply run install via yum.

Alternatively, you can browse to the archive server and browse to your
specific release to find the package file. Then wget it manually and
install it.

--
Vincent T. Tran
Customer Operations Engineer