impala-user mailing list archives

From Sunil Parmar <sunilosu...@gmail.com>
Subject Using comments in query for detailed monitoring
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 03:22:18 GMT
Server version: impalad version 2.9.0-cdh5.12.1 RELEASE (build
5131a031f4aa38c1e50c430373c55ca53e0517b9)

One of the primary use of of Impala is it acts as a backend to a web
application exposed to lot of users. We are trying to build monitoring
metrics per web page, logged in user and other things that are not
typically supplied in the query string. We were thinking to use query
comments to pass such information along with query. It worked fine when
query is executed using impala-shell; I can see the comments in the impala
monitoring page i.e. on port #25000 but when comments are sent over JDBC ;
they're not visible to Impalad.

1. Is there an configuration in Impala driver ? We're using
     <dependency>
      <groupId>com.cloudera.impala</groupId>
      <artifactId>impala-jdbc</artifactId>
      <version>2.5.30</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

2. Is there any other way to send such hints along with query ?

Thanks,
Sunil