impala-user mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about Statestore and Catalogservice
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 10:48:46 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the communication between the components works.

I understand that an impala daemon subscribes to the statestore. The
statestore seems to have the concept of heartbeats and topics. But I'm not
sure what topics are all about.

The docs also say that only the statestore communicates with the catalog
service. How does that happen? How is a INVALIDATE/REFRESH statement routed
from a daemon to the catalog service and back?

I'm sure I'll have follow-up questions but this would already be very
helpful. Thank you!

Cheers,
Lars