impala-user mailing list archives

From chaitra shivakumar <chaitra.shivaku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Invalid TimestampValue - Timestamp converstion errror Imapala kudu
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:04:27 GMT
Thanks for your responses.
I narrowed down the faulty data.

as per the documentation *Impala timestamp Range:* Allowed date values
range from 1400-01-01 to 9999-12-31;
I was ingesting data into Kudu from oracle(timestamp in question 06-05-0084
00:00:00) using a spark job and it adds this to kudu table without any
problem. and despite the smaller range as per impala documentation I can
query this data and it shows -16532:15:03.600000000 with out any errors.
I see the error only when I try to insert it from one kudu table into
another kudu table through impala sqls.

--
regards
Chaitra