impala-user mailing list archives

From Csaba Ringhofer <csringho...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Error Invalid TimestampValue - Timestamp converstion errror Imapala kudu
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:40:38 GMT
This timestamp has two problems:
1. it has no date part, only time of the day part, and Impala cannot insert
such timestamps to Kudu
a similar error message can be reproduced the following way:

create table t (id int primary key, t timestamp) partition by hash
partitions 2 stored as kudu;
insert into t (id, t) values (1, "10:00:00")

2. the hour part is not in the 0..23 range
I do not know how to create a timestamp like this in Impala - my guess is
that the timestamp was inserted to the source table in a raw binary form
(e.g. as int96 in parquet).
Can you tell me the type of the source table? Is it parquet?