impala-user mailing list archives

From Tim Armstrong <tarmstr...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Impala Memory Leak (version 2.7.0-cdh5.10.2 )
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:33:07 GMT
I guess to elaborate further, there are two classes of scenarios:
1. the query hasn't been cancelled and closed on the coordinator so can't
release resources.
2. the query has been closed on the coordinator but a fragment of the query
is orphaned and still running.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-3633 is one possible cause of
that that is fixed in 2.7.0.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-4925 is another possible case
if the query had a limit.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Tim Armstrong <tarmstrong@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> It's not a memory leak, it's a query lifecycle issue. You have fragments
> from two queries 2741ad08c43062bc:608bdb9500000000 and 8041bf903a5c7916:2eba50b100000000
> that haven't been torn down. There are various ways that this could happen
> but I don't know based on the information provided.
>
> I would check if those queries are still running and if you can cancel
> them via Cloudera Manager or the Impala daemon web UI on the coordinator.
>
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Dong Bo 董博 <dongbo@fosun.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Experts,
>>

>> We are running queries on impalad version 2.7.0-cdh5.10.2 RELEASE (build 38c989c0330ea952133111e41965ff9af96412d3),
and issued with a memory leak problem on the impala deamon .