impala-user mailing list archives

From Sailesh Mukil <sail...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: NPE happened while catalogd running
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:11:44 GMT
Hi,

Apologies for the late response. We had debugged and tracked down and filed
a bug in both the Java security library and the kerberos thirdparty code
here:
http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8186576
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/krbdev/2017-August/012809.html

A workaround for now is to increase your ticket lifetime to about a day and
the renew lifetime to 7 days (which is the default). This bug is less
likely to be hit with larger ticket lifetimes.