impala-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shoshin <Alexander_Shos...@epam.com>
Subject Bottleneck
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 15:36:13 GMT
Hi,

I am working with Impala trying to find its maximum throughput on my hardware. I have a cluster
under Cloudera Manager which consists of 7 machines (1 master node + 6 worker nodes).

I am running queries on Impala using JDBC. I've reached maximum throughput equals 80 finished
queries per minute. It doesn't grow up no matter how many hundreds of concurrent queries I
send. But the strange thing is that no one of resources (memory, CPU, disk read/write, net
send/received) hasn't reached its maximum. They are used less than on a half.

Could you suppose what can be a bottleneck? May it be some Impala setting that limits performance
or maximum concurrent threads? The mem_limit option for my Impala daemons is about 70% of
available machine memory.

Thanks,
Alexander