impala-user mailing list archives

From Russell Harlin <rhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Using JDBC with Impala, Kerberos and Sentry
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:04:44 GMT
Hi,

Based on the Impala documentation, it seems like it's required that JDBC
connections use the same Kerberos principal used to start the impalad
daemon.  This seems to work fine for me.  My questions is, though, if I
also want to use Sentry authorization how does impala distinguish users,
since they're all using the same Kerberos principal?  Do we have to pass in
the desired user to the JDBC connection?  Does this mean that we have to
enable AD as well or can we use local users?

Thanks,

Russell