impala-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Jacobs ...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: issue about impala-2913
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:27:01 GMT
Hi Yang,

In the future, can you please send questions like this to
user@impala.incubator.apache.org ? I've added the list to this email
for now.

The catalog server initially loads "Incomplete Tables" to indicate
that a table exists while not yet loading all metadata until it is
needed. Once you do query the table, the catalog server is forced to
load the metadata, which may be very large and may account for long
delays.

I think that we'll probably need more information to suggest ways to
improve table loading times. E.g. how many partitions/files are in
this table.

Best,
Matt