impala-user mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@phdata.io>
Subject Re: Hiding databases, tables and views from Impala
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 17:16:09 GMT
"It's an interesting question whether Impala should show tables that are
guaranteed to be unusable at all"

I can see both sides of this:

A. Users see table and wonder "why cannot I query this table"
B. Users don't see table and wonder why doesn't this table show up despite
repeatedly invalidating metadata

I prefer A.