impala-user mailing list archives

From Aleksei Ma┼żelis <olm...@gmail.com>
Subject Impala-Kudu - minimal set of dependencies
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 05:28:04 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for the minimal set of dependencies that an Impala-Kudu setup
will have. When reading how-tos and checking available dockerfiles, the
list of items that Impala depends on seems to include at least:
- hadoop-hdfs-namenode
- hadoop-hdfs-datanode
- hive-metastore.

However, if I understand correctly, when Kudu is used along with Impala,
these aren't necessarily used. So, the question is if the above
dependencies of HDFS and Hive can be avoided, and if so, whether there are
side effects this would bring. And of course, if I am missing some other
mandatory dependencies, hints on those would be more then welcome!

With best regards,
Alex