impala-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Jacobs ...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Looking for additional insight on Impala query states
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:57:39 GMT
Hi Phil,

The main reason that queries remain registered in some form is to give
clients the ability to query their final state. If the query were to
disappear automatically, a client might try to fetch or get the status
and Impala would indicate that no such query exists. Queries will not
automatically be unregistered until they are explicitly closed by a
client, the client closes the session, or the --idle_session_timeout
(Impalad process argument) is set and the specified idle time elapses
for the session, at which point every query in the session is
unregistered.

Thanks,
Matt