impala-user mailing list archives

From 廖松博 <liaoson...@gridsum.com>
Subject Re: Impala user resource isolation best practice
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 01:31:30 GMT
Hi Matt,

	If we use a single coordinator, if a lot of queries come in, the coordinator may be out of
memory, right ? Because the coordinator take charge of merge results from workers and send
back to client.
	Thanks.

Songbo

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Matthew Jacobs [mailto:mj@cloudera.com]
发送时间: 2016年7月19日 7:50
收件人: 廖松博
抄送: user@impala.incubator.apache.org
主题: Re: Impala user resource isolation best practice

The 'soft limits' refer to the behavior that, when multiple coordinators are used and queries
are submitted concurrently, the admission control cannot guarantee the limits because the
decisions are made based on some stale information that needs to be updated by the statestore.
If you use a single coordinator you avoid that problem. That said, a separate problem is that
there is no way to guarantee that other resources, e.g. network, IO, etc. are not abused by
a single user.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:29 PM, 廖松博 <liaosongbo@gridsum.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>         Thanks for your reply. The point is , per admission control documents, most of
impala limits are "soft limit", are the 2 settings you mentioned also "soft limit" ? The soft
limit means the pool will exceed the memory/concurrency limit at some moment when impala is
not aware of. But it is affecting other pool at that moment.
>         Thanks.
>
> Songbo

consider upgrading if you're not already using a newer version of Impala.