impala-user mailing list archives

From Alex Behm <alex.b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: About impala partitoning
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 05:56:34 GMT
I may be misunderstanding. Are you asking whether a range of values can be
mapped to a single partition? That, unfortunately, is not possible. One
value maps to one partition. If you to multiple partition key values into a
single partition, you'll need to manually maintain some kind of mapping
table separate from the Impala table.