impala-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Armstrong <tarmstr...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: .test file format
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:15:12 GMT
It is possible to get the test infra to generate .test files based on the
actual output. For planner tests, they automatically get written
to logs/fe_tests/PlannerTest/.

If you're running end-to-end tests with impala-py.test, you can use the
--update_results flag to get it to generate similar files for tests that
fail. There are some more pitfalls here but it can be a useful tool.

If you use these shortcuts it's still important to manually check the
changes to the files.