impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Impala 3.x (and 2.x)
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:07:18 GMT
Which gerrit branch were you thinking most patches would go to?

If they go to 3.0, then push_to_asf.py would have to be amended to
push to gerrit, bypassing code review. I think that's possible, but
I'm not 100%.

There is also security to think about, since the push_to_asf.py users
can push a few commits at a time, including ones they didn't author or
review.

We'll also want to clarify
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+Release and
keep it consistent with the git & gerrit statuses quo.