impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Integration [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:59:12 GMT
I don't know that Impala can scan Accumulo tables. Assuming it can't:
Impala can read HBase tables, so that might be a good place for you to
start looking on what this could look like.

I suspect the most complex piece is going to be the auth integration.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Dickson, Matt MR
<matt.dickson@defence.gov.au> wrote:
> UNOFFICIAL
> I'm investigate integrating Accumulo as a backed to Impala.  At this point it is simply
an idea and I'm interested to know if anything has been done to achieve this in the past/present?

> If so, is the code open source?
>
> If not, I'd be very keen to gain some detail on how this could be achieved or issues
that prevent it being feasible.