impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Switch gerrit merge strategy to "rebase always"?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:55:05 GMT
Is there a merge strategy that just doesn't allow commit chains longer than
1?

Also
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/project-configuration.html
says

"When cherry picking a change, Gerrit automatically appends onto the end of
the commit message a short summary of the change’s approvals, and a URL
link back to the change on the web. The committer header is also set to the
submitter, while the author header retains the original patch set author."

I love that short message. It's useful to be able to easily see the code
review comments and reviewer names.