impala-dev mailing list archives

From yu feng <olaptes...@gmail.com>
Subject extend impala to query from Elasticsearch
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2017 06:32:43 GMT
Hi All :

   We are try to query data from Elasticsearch using impala, we want
to take advantage of fast speed of impala engine and fast filter and
aggregation speed of Elasticsearch.

I want to do it in the following way :

1、add a new Table type(metadata) called ES Table.
2、add two new ExecNode(ESScanNode and ESAggregation) to implements query to
ES.
3、when a query to ES Table, try to rewrite execution plan while contains
Aggregation(parent) and ESScanNode(child) to a ESAggregation.

In this way, I think it can scan and do aggregation by ES.

I want to know what attitude about the combination, and Is it some better
way to implement it ?

Thanks a lot.