impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jin Chul Kim <jinc...@gmail.com>
Subject Outdated information in the wiki
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:30:20 GMT
Hi,

It seems the wiki page has not up-to-date information. Please see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+load+and+run+Impala+tests#

Since the change "IMPALA-3516: Avoid writing to /tmp in testing
<https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/8047/>", the location needs to be updated
in the part "Run just end-to-end tests",

# To update the results of tests (The new test files will be located in
/tmp/test_file_name.test):
./tests/run-tests.py --update_results

The new test files will be located at ${IMPALA_EE_TEST_LOGS_DIR}. The
environment variable should be set by loading impala-config.sh

export IMPALA_EE_TEST_LOGS_DIR="${IMPALA_LOGS_DIR}/ee_tests"

Do you mind if I correct the part? Currently I haven't a privilege to
edit/comment on wiki, so it would be great if one of you grants a
permission to me. My username is "jinchul".

Best regards,
Jinchul