impala-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Behm <alex.b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.10.0 release candidate 2 (RC2)
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2017 18:27:54 GMT
+1 (binding) for RC2

Thanks for looking into this, Jim and Bharath. I agree that the issues is
likely environmental. There was no concrete evidence of an ASAN-related
product bug, and ASAN exhaustive is known to be flaky:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-5218

I ran release tests of my own here:
https://jenkins.impala.io/job/release-test/21/

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Jim Apple <jbapple@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Yeah, this jenkins.impala.io environment is pretty stable for DEBUG
> builds with core test exploration, but ASAN builds are infrequently
> done on it, so there might be a flaky test situation that is either
> Jenkins-related or test-related, which doesn't directly implicate the
> RC.
>
> I'm still OK with the +1 I cast above.
>
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Bharath Vissapragada
> <bharathv@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > Jim, thanks for testing the ASAN configuration. I tested it in my own
> > environment (centos6) and it has passed. I'm suspecting that either
> > something is flaky or probably related to the build environment.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Jim Apple <jbapple@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I think ASAN doesn't work with FE tests - I mistakenly left them in
> >> for this run.
> >>
> >> We have never before seen two jobs on the same worker in
> jenkins.impala.io
> >> .
> >>
> >> Here's an ASAN rerun that is failing other e2e tests:
> >> https://jenkins.impala.io/view/Utility/job/ubuntu-16.04-
> >> from-scratch/222/parameters/
> >>
> >> With this one, because the machine is still up, you can see no other
> >> builds have run on it:
> >> https://jenkins.impala.io/computer/ubuntu-16.04%20(i-
> >> 0c375c963694b400b)/builds
> >>
> >> exhaustive DEBUG and RELEASE runs passed.
> >>
> >> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Alexander Behm <
> alex.behm@cloudera.com>
> determine
> that

> 0,