impala-dev mailing list archives

From Taras Bobrovytsky <tbobrovyt...@cloudera.com>
Subject Is anyone else hitting a problem with Sentry when starting the Impala mini cluster?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 23:32:48 GMT
When I run ./testdata/bin/run-all.sh I get the following:
Error in Impala/testdata/bin/run-all.sh at line 58:
$IMPALA_HOME/testdata/bin/run-sentry-service.sh

run-sentry-service.log shows the following:
17/07/19 16:22:23 ERROR testutil.SentryServicePinger: Error issuing RPC to
Sentry Service  (attempt 4/30):
org.apache.impala.common.InternalException: Error creating Sentry Service
client:
  at org.apache.impala.util.SentryPolicyService$SentryServiceClient.
                createClient(SentryPolicyService.java:96)
  at org.apache.impala.util.SentryPolicyService$SentryServiceClient.
                <init>(SentryPolicyService.java:67)
  at
org.apache.impala.util.SentryPolicyService.listAllRoles(SentryPolicyService.java:391)
  at
org.apache.impala.testutil.SentryServicePinger.main(SentryServicePinger.java:75)

Caused by:
sentry.org.apache.sentry.core.common.exception.MissingConfigurationException:
  Property 'sentry.service.client.server.rpc-addresses' is missing in
configuration
  at
sentry.org.apache.sentry.core.common.transport.SentryPolicyClientTransportConfig.
    getSentryServerRpcAddress(SentryPolicyClientTransportConfig.java:73)
  at sentry.org.apache.sentry.core.common.transport.SentryTransportPool.
                <init>(SentryTransportPool.java:103)
  at org.apache.sentry.service.thrift.SentryServiceClientFactory.
               <init>(SentryServiceClientFactory.java:83)
  at org.apache.sentry.service.thrift.SentryServiceClientFactory.
               create(SentryServiceClientFactory.java:65)
  at org.apache.impala.util.SentryPolicyService$SentryServiceClient.
                createClient(SentryPolicyService.java:94)
  ... 3 more

In our fe/src/test/resources/sentry-site.xml.template we have
<name>sentry.service.client.server.rpc-address</name> instead of
sentry.service.client.server.rpc-address*es* as it says it in the
exception. Could this be the problem?