impala-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Ivanov <aiva...@vmware.com>
Subject Java UDFs returning NULL difference between 2.7.0 and 2.8.0
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:50:35 GMT
Hi,

We just upgraded from CDH 5.9 (Impala 2.7.0) to latest (CDH 5.11.1 Impala 2.8.0)
We also have custom Java (Hive) UDFs used in Impala.

Before: select custom_udf_func(NULL) - returned NULL in the Java code - when executed by Impala
it also returned NULL

NOW: select custom_udf_func(NULL) - returns NULL in the Java  code - when executed by Impala
it returns empty string ("")

Is that a bug in Impala (or maybe Hive) you are aware of?

Thanks,
Antoni

We deliver the VMware Analytics Cloud (VAC)
Learn more about VAC here<https://wiki.eng.vmware.com/VAC>