impala-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Behm <alex.b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Should we change tests so they don't use single letter table names?
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 15:43:55 GMT
Michael, to keep them fast and self-contained the FE tests do not require a
running Impala cluster, and as such cannot really execute any statements
(e.g. DROP/ADD).

The FE has limited mechanisms for setting up temporary tables which might
suffice in most but not all cases.

I agree with Lars that we should address this issue. We need to look at a
few cases and see if there's a sledgehammer solution we can apply.