impala-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads-up - manual toolchain update required soon
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 16:19:19 GMT
Ok, this is done, and the patch is committed to master. As a reminder,
you'll need to remove the cached glog library in your toolchain, as per
below.

IMPALA-5174: Bump gflags to 2.2.0-p1

This gflags patch adds DEFINE_int32_hidden() etc. macros, which suppress
flags from appearing in /varz, --help and other flag enumerations.

Our toolchain glog is statically linked against gflags, and therefore
had to be rebuilt, however its version number did not change. You will
likely need to do the following:

rm -rf ${IMPALA_TOOLCHAIN}/glog-0.3.4-p2/

before running bin/bootstrap_toolchain.py, otherwise building Impala may
fail with a linking error.