impala-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kornacker <mar...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: status-benchmark.cc compilation time
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:55:16 GMT
I'm also in favor of not compiling it on the standard commandline.

However, I'm very much against allowing the benchmarks to bitrot. As
was pointed out, those benchmarks can be valuable tools during
development, and keeping them in working order shouldn't really impact
the development process.

In other words, let's compile them as part of gvo.