impala-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.8.0 soon?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 21:10:39 GMT
Same deal with me - I don't support reverting in master.

I think it's fine to branch from before that change and cherry pick what
you can. As the RM you decide what goes in and what doesn't - if the cherry
picks are too hard, it's fine to skip them. Patching is also fine.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:12 PM Tim Armstrong <tarmstrong@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Oh yes my reading comprehension was bad. I don't think it makes sense to
>
> revert it on master - I thought you meant reverting it on the branch.
>

> The bugfix is small and straightforward - maybe it's easiest if I just put
>
> that together and put it up for review.
>

> - Tim
>

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Jim Apple <jbapple@cloudera.com> wrote:
>

> > Just to clarify: when I said reverting it, I meant reverting it in
>
> > master, too, then chery picking that change to the branch. I'd rather
>
> > keep the branch free from as many non-master commits as possible.
>

> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Tim Armstrong <tarmstrong@cloudera.com>
>
> > wrote:
>
> > > +1 for reverting it. It doesn't add any new functionality so I don't
> see
>
> > > the value in including it in the release.

> > settling.

> missing

> history

> > tarmstrong@cloudera.com>