impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.8.0 release candidate 1
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:21:43 GMT
>> Can you help me understand what you mean by "prospects for that”?
>
> I mean the prospects for making release candidate 2 with selected doc changes applied.
 If status of docs was not a blocker either way (since we did put that disclaimer on the front
that cleanup is still underway), perhaps existing +1 votes could carry over without a lot
of retesting.

Let me rephrase: when I say "prospects for that", I mean "probability
of occurring". It sounds like you mean "how long would that take" or
"how much work would that be"?

I think it would take a day, plus a new three-day voting period. You
can see the process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/DRAFT%3A+How+to+Release

I think I'd have to do steps 9-15 again, minus a couple of them. The
real delay is the new voting period.