impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.8.0 soon?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 16:28:57 GMT
I have now tested this hash (4fa9270e647b9c097295dcc13d97136cca3139ad)
on public Jenkins:

http://jenkins.impala.io:8080/view/Utility/job/parallel-all-tests/130/
http://jenkins.impala.io:8080/view/Utility/job/ubuntu-14.04-from-scratch/434/
http://jenkins.impala.io:8080/view/Utility/job/ubuntu-14.04-from-scratch/435/
http://jenkins.impala.io:8080/view/Utility/job/ubuntu-14.04-from-scratch/436/

That covers RAT (the tool for checking copyright compliance), various
build options (including ninja, release, asan, shared libs), loading
the data from scratch and running all tests in core and in exhaustive,
clang-tidy, and the build we instruct IPMC release testers to run
(bin/bootstrap_build.sh).

I have also created a git branch:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/branch-2.8.0

I am working on a commit to add a disclaimer to the docs
(https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/5610/) and then I will upload a
release candidate tarball.

Please prepare yourself to vote. Instructions are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/DRAFT%3A+How+to+Release#DRAFT:HowtoRelease-HowtoVoteonaReleaseCandidate