impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2017
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 05:08:19 GMT
Dear dev@ and mentors:

Here is my draft of our next status report. Your feedback is welcomed.
I plan to post this in about 48 hours.

Impala is a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data
stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.

> *   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
>     towards graduation.

The three most important issues are:

* Community growth

* Transition of bug tracker to issues.apache.org

* Evolution of documentation to describe specifically Apache Impala

> *   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
>     aware of

No

> *   How have the community and project developed since the last report

Our last report was in November. Since then, there have been 148
commits. 49 commits were authored by non-committers, of which 4 new
commits come from 3 new contributors. dev@ received 496 emails and
user@ received 53. 443 new issues have been filed. There has been one
release (our second Apache release) and we have added one new PPMC
member. Our infrastructure has been transitioning: we moved our
pre-commit testing out of our old, pre-Apache hosting and we have been
actively working with Gavin McDonald on migrating our JIRA hosting.