impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release 2.8.0 soon?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 22:15:53 GMT
Oh, and a specific topic for discussion:

Should we include the docs in the source tarball? My feeling is yes,
but they are not really cleaned up yet, and so contain a lot of
Cloudera-specific info.

Pros of including the docs in the tarball: Users get a docs tarball
from which they can build the hundreds of pages of usable
documentation.

Cons: 1. Confused users about who runs the project. (Correct answer:
Apache Impala PPMC. Confused answer: Cloudera), 2. Possible failed
IPMC release vote that slows down the release.